Monday 23 September 2013

Bem Brazil Restaurant Review

-♥-

On Saturday when I went to Manchester for the weekend with my boyfriend we went to a Brazilian restaurant called Bem Brazil in the Northern Quarter. The restaurant has a very different concept to normal restaurants. What makes it so special is that you pay around £25.95 for endless supply of Brazilian food including chicken, beef, lamb, pork, steak and pigs hearts (never tried them though). The way the food is served though is that you can have unlimited supply and it is served on your plate on a skewers that someone brings round to each table. There is also a banquet-style buffet where you can place on your own plates to accompany the meats they bring round which include salads, pasta, potato, rice and Brazilian dishes. I went to a very similar style restaurant early this year in Leeds called Fazenda which had a very similar concept.

When you want a rest or don't want any more meat on your plate you turn the paper on the red side and when you are ready for meat to be put on your plate you put the paper on the green side.



Bem Brazil Vs Fazenda 

Bem Brazil 

The Choice of Meats

The choice of meats did vary however I would say there wasn't that big of selection compared to what we had tried when we went to Fazenda. Some of the cuts were a lot pinker than others which I enjoyed however my boyfriend did not. I did mention I never tried the chicken hearts, I just don't fancy eating someone elses heart! I think if you like meat and want to pay a bit more to get some variety of quality meats than this style of restaurants is really worth it. It could be considered expensive if you are not a meat lover or don't eat much but both my boyfriend and myself made the most of trying the meats and left very full.

Due to the banquet-style hot and cold buffet I have now developed a love for sweet potato. The dishes available are limited. On the night we went I did not see any pasta dishes but they did have rice, potatos, garlic mushrooms, and some Brazilian dishes I had never heard of. What is good is that they actually bring you a bowl of fries to your table and they were really hot too which shows that they are freshly done and not just warmed up. 

Atmosphere

One disappointing aspect to our experience at Bem Brazil is that it was very busy which meant it was extremely noisy so if you are looking for a quiet candle lit dinner definitely don't come here. I think more planning needs to come to the floor seating area as there was a group of 10 men sitting next to us on the left side which didn't really help. I know they want all the business they can but maybe next time sitting a young couple away from the noisy crowd would be more ideal.

Fazenda Rodizio Bar and Grill

In February when my boyfriend and myself spent Valentines weekend and our one year Anniversary together we stayed in Leeds City Centre at the Marriott Hotel. Whilst we visited Leeds we researched some steak restaurants and found Fazenda a Brazilian restaurant.

The Choice of Meats

What I really liked about Fazenda is the choice of meats they seemed to have more choice of the popular ones. I don't think I eat too much from the Salad bar at Fazenda though I mainly stuck to the free fries.

Atmosphere

I remember my boyfriend and myself being one of the last people in the restaurant towards the end of the night. One thing which they did was that the man with the skewer he came and asked us which was our favourite piece of cut from the night and he said he would get the chef to make it for us especially. I think this was a nice touch and showed that they actually wanted to please all their customers. 

I prefer the atmosphere and setting of Fazenda because it is set on the Granary Wharf and looks really classy from the outside right through to the inside. I don't think either the noise of the restaurant was like Bem Brazil I can't remember thinking it was too noisy and that I couldn't hear my boyfriend speak. 

Out of both restaurants I would definitely go back to Fazenda it is a really unique dining experience!


I didn't really get chance to take that many photographs of Bem Brazil as I was out with my boyfriend but I did take some at the Fazenda restaurant in Leeds I went earlier this year so I will insert some below.




No comments:

Post a Comment